[Cse321] misc things

From: Venkatesan Guruswami (venkat@cs.washington.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 14:19:28 PDT

    Hi,

    1. We handed back graded PS3 and solutions to PS3 in class today. You can pick up any old homeworks if you haven't done so in Monday's lecture if you want it before the midterm. I noticed that not many people picked up the printed solutions to problem set 3 since it arrived a little late. So I'm attaching the solutions in this email (it's normal policy not to post solutions on the web for obvious reasons, but since it might help you in preparing for the midterm, I though it is best to send an electronic copy out this time round).

    2. For PS2, there was one homework with no name written on it. I had brought it with an attached post-it and someone did pick it up, but we don't know who and don't have a grade recorded for whoeever this person might be. So please contact Ioannis about this if you had picked up the homework, so he can enter the scores in our records. We will mail out statistics for the first 3 problem sets shortly.

    3. The review session for the midterm will be from 5:00PM-6:30PM on MOnday, May 3 at LOW 102. Please bring your questions to the session. The plan would be to go over some of the sample questions and perhaps related questions or concerns that people might raise. Naturally, it will help if you can spend some time on the sample problems before that. Note that there is no homework due next Friday due to the midterm.

    4. Next week, we will begin a new topic: Counting and combinatorics, the associated reading sections will be 4.1-4.4. The midterm will cover topics discussed this Wednesday, that is all of logic, proofs, number theory we discussed in class, except for RSA.

    Have a good weekend,
    Venkat