[Cse321] misc

From: Venkatesan Guruswami (venkat@cs.washington.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 14:11:03 PDT

    Hi,

    1. Problem set 4, due next Friday Apr 30, is now posted on the course webpage in case you couldn't pick it up in class today. There will be no problem set handed out next Friday due to the midterm on May 5. We will be back to the usual Friday homework routine after that.

    2. Readings for next couple of lectures: Section 3.4, Section 2.6 (only first couple of sections and last portion on RSA encryption/decryption). Once we are done with these, we will begin topics on counting and probability, perhaps after a brief discussion of sets (Sec 1.6).

    The midterm will cover logic, proofs, and number theory (specifically, Sections 1.1-1.6; 2.4-2.6, 3.3, 3.4)

    Venkat