[Cse321] Welcome + administrative stuff

From: Venkatesan Guruswami (venkat@cs.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 13:44:33 PST

    Hi all,

    Welcome to the CS major, CSE 321, and the 321 mailing list.

    Some administrative stuff which I mentioned in lecture today:

    * There will two sections in addition to the lectures. These will be
       - Thursdays 1:30-2:20 at MOR 230 (by Neva)
       - Thursdays 2:30-3:20 at MEB 238 (by Ioannis)

    * There will be NO sections THIS week (i.e., tomorrow).

    * Office hours are scheduled as follows:
    	- Venkat: Wed 11:30-12:30 in my office Allen 656
    	- Neva: Thursdays 12-1pm at Allen 216
    	- Ioannis: Wed 1:30-2:30 at Allen 220
    If there are serious conflicts which prevent you attending office hours at any of these times, we can set-up times for individual appointments by email.

    * The first problem set will be handed out this Friday, and this will be the pattern for the rest of the quarter (there will be no problem set due the week of the midterm, whose date will be announced in a couple of weeks)

    * All homeworks, but not their solutions, will be posted on the webpage.
    For our solution sketches, as well as your graded problem sets, you have to pick them up during lecture or during my office hours.

    * So far we have covered Section 1.1 and parts of Section 1.2 of Rosen's book (5th Edition). The next couple of lectures will deal with topics in Sections 1.2-1.4.

    -- Venkat