CSE 312: Foundations of Computing II, Autumn 2022

Course Staff/Office Hours

In addition to the staff contact information, this page contains the most up-to-date listing of staff office hours (and their location). Office hours are subject to change, but we'll try to keep this page accurate at least a week into the future. Note: AC nth floor = Allen Center Breakout Space on Floor n.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
9-9:30a
9:30-10a Khanh Nguyen
(CSE2 152)
10-10:30a Khanh Nguyen
(CSE2 152)
Edward Qin
(CSE2 150)
Tanmay Shah
(CSE2 150)
Viraj Goyal
(CSE2 151)
10:30-11a Edward Qin
(CSE2 150)
Tanmay Shah
(CSE2 150)
Viraj Goyal
(CSE2 151)
11-11:30a
11:30-12p Xinyue Chen
(AC 3rd floor)
12-12:30p Xinyue Chen
(AC 3rd floor)
12:30-1p Emily Robinson
(CSE2 151)
1-1:30p Emily Robinson
(CSE2 151)
1:30-2p Lecture
(ARC 147)
Claris Winston
(AC 3rd floor)
Lecture
(ARC 147)
Lecture
(ARC 147)
2-2:30p Lecture
(ARC 147)
Claris Winston
(AC 3rd floor)
Lecture
(ARC 147)
Lecture
(ARC 147)
2:30-3p Paul Beame
(CSE 668)
Paul Beame
(CSE 668)
Paul Beame
(CSE 668)
3-3:30p Paul Beame
(CSE 668)
Ben Zhang
(CSE2 153)
Vlad Murad
(AC 5th floor)
Sela Navot
(CSE 220)
3:30-4p Paul Beame
(CSE 668)
Ben Zhang
(CSE2 153)
Vlad Murad
(AC 5th floor)
Sela Navot
(CSE 220)
4-4:30p Morgan Putnam
(AC 2nd floor)
4:30-5p Morgan Putnam
(AC 2nd floor)
Lukshya Ganjoo
(CSE 220)
5-5:30p Lukshya Ganjoo
(CSE 220)
5:30-6p

• Paul Beame (he/him) (Instructor)
  • beame [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Office Hours: Mon 2:30-4:00, Wed 2:30-3, Fri 2:30-3 (CSE 668)
  • Lecture Section: A (ARC 147)
  • Welcome to CSE 312! I've been here long enough to have worked with the design teams for both the Gates and Allen Centers. My primary research is in computational complexity, with interests both in pure theory and in its applications to other areas of CS. Randomness comes up in my research both as an algorithmic technique to solve problems and as a way of constructing challenging examples to show that problems are hard solve.

• Xinyue Chen (she/her)
  • chenxy20 [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AC (MGH 271)
  • Office Hours: T 11:30-12:30 (AC 3rd floor)

• Hey y'all! I'm Xinyue and I'm a BS/MS student in CS. I loved CSE 312 when I took it, so I hope I can share some of that love with all of you! When I'm not staying up all night programming or writing proofs, you can find me cooking, practicing violin, knitting or playing badminton. Please don't hesitate to ask me about anything during office hours or over email! :)
  • Lukshya Ganjoo (he/him)
  • lganjoo [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AB (MGH 254)
  • Office Hours: T 4:30-5:20 (CSE 220)

• Hello there! My name is Lukshya Ganjoo and I'm a sophomore majoring in Computer science and Mathematics. When I'm not obsessing over the next big thing in cs theory or trying to decipher an algebra proof, I spend a lot of my time writing and finding novel ways to spruce up the humble bagel and toast. I took this class with Paul spring this year and I'm super excited to TA 312 again! I'm looking forward to meeting you all this quarter, so feel free to drop by for a chat (312 or otherwise)!
  • Viraj Goyal (he/him)
  • vgoyal55 [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AA (MGH 228)
  • Office Hours: F 10:00-10:50 (CSE2 151)

• Hi everyone, I'm Viraj! I'm a sophomore studying Computer Science and Entrepreneurship. I'm super excited to be a TA for CSE 312. Other than computer science and teaching, I love to bike, hike, play fingerstyle guitar, and enjoy time with family and friends. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!
  • Octavian-Vlad Murad (he/him)
  • ovmurad [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AA (MGH 228)
  • Office Hours: M 11:00-11:50 (CSE2 153) W 3:00-3:50 (AC 5th floor)

• Hi everyone! My name is Octavian-Vlad Murad and I am very excited to be TA-ing CSE 312. I am a sixth year PhD student in Machine Learning focusing on representation learning. Outside of school I love doing and following sports(tennis, soccer, running, cycling, swimming, lifting, yoga), reading, cooking, and listening and trying to play music. I enjoy answering interesting questions and helping students out so please feel free to reach out for help!
  • Sela Navot (he/him)
  • senavot [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AE (SAV 131)
  • Office Hours: F 3:00-3:50 (CSE 220)

• Hello! My name is Sela and I am a senior majoring in Math and Computer Science. I particularly like discrete mathematics and cryptography. Outside of school, I enjoy skiing, mountain biking, and climbing, and in the winters I work as a ski patroller at Crystal Mountain Resort. Don't hesitate to reach out for any reason!
  • Khanh Nguyen (he/him)
  • nbnkhanh [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AF (SAV 168)
  • Office Hours: M 9:30-10:20 (CSE2 152)

• Hello! My name is Khanh (pronounced the same as Khan) and I'm a senior majoring in CS. I grew up in Vietnam and came to the US 3 years ago. Outside of classes, I enjoy hanging out with friends, traveling, and swimming. CSE 312 is one of my favorite courses and this is my first-time TA-ing it, so I'm super excited! Feel free to reach out if you need anything.
  • Morgan Putnam (he/him)
  • [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AC (MGH 271)
  • Office Hours: M 4:00-4:50 (AC 2nd floor)

• Hi, my name is Morgan and I'm a junior studying CS. I haven't been a TA for 312 before, but I was a TA for 446 last Spring. Outside of CS, I like watching TV and cats. My parents currently have 5 cats, but throughout my life we've had 14. I am looking forward to this quarter and hope you all are too.
  • Edward Qin (he/him)
  • edwardcq [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AD (MGH 251)
  • Office Hours: T 10:00-10:50 (CSE2 150)

• Hello, I’m Edward! I’m a sophomore studying CS. This is my first quarter TAing and I'm really excited to be doing so! I enjoyed taking 312 because of all the cool applications it exposes you to. Outside of CS, I enjoy playing the cello and running. I look forward to a great quarter with you all!
  • Emily Robinson (she/her)
  • emilyr35 [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AB (MGH 254)
  • Office Hours: W 12:30-1:20 (CSE2 151)

• Hi! My name is Emily and I am a current computer science sophomore from Issaquah, Washington. 312 was one of my favorite classes, so I’m super excited that this is the first class I get to TA for. When I’m not in class or studying, I like to bike around Seattle as a way to try new food! I also like to get outside by hiking, swimming, and paddle boarding. I can’t wait for a great quarter with all of you!
  • Tanmay Shah (he/him)
  • tanmay [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AE (SAV 131)
  • Office Hours: W 10:00-10:50 (CSE2 150)

• Hello everyone! I am Tanmay, a BS/MS student in the Allen school focused on Machine Learning. Outside of academics, I am a musician (percussionist), an armchair historian, and a FOSS enthusiast. I like to watch movies and documentaries, and play badminton. Feel free to stop by my office hours for any questions or if you just want to talk. Looking forward to meeting you all!
  • Claris Winston (she/her)
  • clarisw [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AD (MGH 251)
  • Office Hours: T 1:30-2:20 (AC 3rd floor)

• Hi everyone! I'm Claris, and I'm a junior majoring in computer science. Outside of school, I enjoy gymnastics, drawing, playing piano, and composing music. I also love baking sweet treats and cake decorating! Looking forward to a great quarter with you all!
  • Ben Zhang (he/him)
  • bzhang0 [at] cs.washington.edu
  • Section AF (SAV 168)
  • Office Hours: T 3:00-3:50 (CSE2 153)

• Hello! I'm Ben, and I'm a third year majoring in CS and minoring in Math. If I'm not in the labs, I'm either gaming, cooking, or watching 3b1b's latest video. CSE 312 is one of my favorite classes and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Feel free to reach out to chat about anything. I look forward to meeting all of you!