Instructions for setting up software for this class can be found here. Since we are running most of the course on Ed, doing the software setup is not strictly necessary until later in the quarter. We recommend avoiding doing this step until later in the quarter when it comes time to start thinking about your projects (and you are a bit more familiar with Python)!
Resources that start with
[square brackets] are referenced on the calendar.
- [Schafer] Java 2 Python 3: : A guide to learning Python by comparing it to Java - Hunter Schafer
- Note: Only useful if you know Java. Chapters 1-4 and 7 are useful if you have only take 142, while all chapters are useful if you have taken 143
- Learn Python in Y Minutes
- Very comprehensive Python cheat sheet (has a lot of advanced material, some of which we will eventually learn)
Data Science Libraries¶
- [VanderPlas] Python for Data Science - Jake Vanderplas
- [Berkeley] Principles and Techniques of Data Science - UC Berkeley Data 100 Course