CSE 160 - HW6 - Advice from 15sp students: "What do you wish you had known before you started? What would you do differently? What advice would you offer to future students?" -------------------------------------------------------- I wish I had more time. The project proposal was due the Tuesday, three days before the homework was due, so I wish I had more time. I would get started with working on the first few functions early, because #1-4 didn't give me trouble, it was actually the last few that gave me trouble, because you have to get ride of redundancy, and there is a lot of code to deal with. My tip is to start the first 4 before the project proposal. And then spend the time after the proposal to work on the last half. I will start earlier, the questions looked difficult when I first saw, and once I wrote one by one, it was not. But it actually took a lot of time to debug my coding, and to deal with the strange characters in the csv file. it is better to write assert or test for each function instead of doing it at the end. I should have started earlier!!! I should have a better understanding of the whole structure. This assignment was MUCH MUCH more time consuming than the other assignments. Start early and make sure you're prepared to build the entire code by yourself. Understand the data and what is being asked. If any questions come up don't hestitate to ask. Good Do this homework as early as possible because you may advice several times after you done it. How to use a main function I realized reading the instruction was the key to solve the problems. I wish I had known more about statistical analysis because I spent a good deal of time trying to understand the p value and analyzing the data. Understand what you are focusing on right now. Start early and read each question carefully multiple times. Again, just like the last homework, the last functions are most difficult to implement because they call on so many prior functions. I'd recommend looking at the last functions, writing something and then walking away for some time. I wish some of the instructions were more clear. I felt like I did not quite understand what some of the problems were asking us to calculate, ie the ones and tens digit function, and spent most of my time thinking about what was being asked. I would have built the main function as I went, instead of just testing the functions I wrote. It would have been easier to keep track of what I needed to do for the main part. --------------------------------------------------------