Alexander Tio Cohen

917 Lambourne Pl., Oak Park, CA 91377

(818) 939-4629 alextiocohen@gmail.com

Summary:

University of Washington student seeking additional experience to complement my pursuit of a BS degree in Computer Science. As an experienced team leader with significant experience in technology related employment.

Education:

University of Washington Logo

Work Experience:

Software Engineering Intern at Experior Laboratories (June 2018 – September 2018)

Led development for automation and process improvements of fiber optic Insertion Loss and Return Loss testing. Working with engineering I implemented and supported my own front end and back end software through the LabVIEW program with queued message handling to save manual time when testing

IT Director at Today’s College Solutions (August 2017 – February 2018)

Provided technical assistance to all members of the company. Accomplishments included expanding company networking into the cloud using Dropbox to improve file transport efficiency. Also implemented additional security to improve the privacy of sensitive client data. Regular tasks included digital backup maintenance of all data, and version management of all company computers.

IT Educator at Robotics and Things (June 2016 – May 2018)

Instructed coding courses for children whose ages ranged from 3rd to 8th grade. Responsibilities included curriculum development and hardware selection. Coding languages included Scratch, HTML enhanced with CSS, and JavaScript. I structured these courses to pass on my understanding and love of coding and STEM education.