- List of resources for CSE142, compiled by a TA.
- Java API documentation (a list of all Java classes, packages, and methods)
- jGRASP Tutorial
- Java tutorial by Sun Microsystems.
- Java Language Specification (formal definition of the language).
- Practice-It!, UW's practice problem web application written by Marty Stepp
- CodingBat (a useful site full of Java and Python practice problems)
For your homeworks:
- Unofficial style guide, developed by a TA. Style tips are covered chapter by chapter with sections at the end for indentation, spacing, and commenting.
- A second unofficial style guide, generally considered more relevant for CSE143, but still potentially useful.
- Java JDK compiler
- jGRASP editor
- Free Microsoft software through DreamSpark (students will be sent information after the 10th day of the quarter, your id is your full @uw.edu email address)
Computer Science Major:
- University of Washington - Why Choose CSE?
- Schedule of information sessions for those interested in majoring in CS
- How to meet with a CS undergraduate advisor
- information about internships
- nonmajors courses offered by CSE (see especially CSE373 and CSE374)
- ACM: Association for Computing Machinery (the main CSE student organization)
- ACM-W (focuses on diversity and women's issues in computing)