Instructors

Photo of Joe Spaniac

Office Hours

T 1:00 - 2:00 PM
W 1:00 - 2:00 PM
CSE 212

Joe Spaniac he/him

jspaniac@uw

Hey y’all! My name is Joe and I’m currently a 5th years master student in the Allen School. Although I’ve been a TA for ~15 quarters (all for the intro series here at UW), this is my first time instructing which I’m super excited about! I’m Washington born and raised, originally from the Sammamish / Issaquah area for those familiar, currently calling Ballard home and surviving the commute it entails.

I was priviledged enough to have discovered Computer Science my Junior year of high school (IB kids represent), and ever since then I’ve been hooked. Lately, I’ve been most interested - unsurprisingly - in CS education and finding ways to distill the crazy buzzwords tossed around (machine learning, AI, computer vision, etc.) into easier to understand concepts for those mostly / entirely unfamiliar with CS (which is a particularly useful skill when trying to explain my HW assignments to my family of non-STEM majors). Outside of school, the last few summers I’ve interned for AWS and I’m returning as a full-time SWE there next fall. If you want to chat about interviewing for industry or anything else, I’m happy to give my two cents!

Unrelated to CS, I’ve spent a decent amount of time studying theatrical lighting design and have actually designed for a few Dance shows and School of Drama performances here at the UW. I also have been known to play a video game or two whenever I’m not drowning in assignments.

I’m super excited to get to know all of you, and apologies in advance for any mishaps that come along with my first quarter lecturing!

Teaching Assistants

Photo of Andras Marto

Andras Marto

amarto@uw

Hey everyone, my name is Andras and I’m a Sophomore student here at UW. I grew up just 25 minutes north of campus in Bothell, Washington. In my free time I enjoy watching the Seahawks, playing guitar, working out, and listening to Gunna. Really looking forward to meeting all of you!

Photo of Daniel Welicki

Daniel Welicki he/him

dwelicki@uw

Hi! I’m Daniel, and I’m a freshman intending to major in CS! In my downtime, I like to climb, make music, watch cartoons, and explore Washington. This is my first quarter as a TA, and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Photo of Eric Bae

Eric Bae he/him

ebae3@cs

Hey I’m Eric, studying Computer Science. I have a passion in not only learning about different technologies in niches like biology and aerospace but also about society. I enjoy talking to people, listening to what they have to say, and discussing with them. Reach out if you want to talk about anything!

Photo of Nicole Wang

Nicole Wang she/her

nwang913@cs

Hey everyone! I’m Nicole, and I am a sophomore majoring in CS. I am from Sammamish, WA. I previously taught 121 the past couple of quarters, and I am excited to be TAing 123 this quarter! Besides CS, I like music (play piano and explore music on Spotify), staying active (gym, climb, hike), and listening to music while taking long nature walks. Looking forward to a great quarter with you all!🤩🤩

Photo of Sahej Kochhar

Sahej Kochhar She/her

Sahejk@uw

Hey everyone! My name is Sahej and I am a sophomore majoring in Computer Science. This is my third quarter TAing for the 12X series and I am super excited for the quarter! In my free time, I love to read and hang out with friends. Can’t wait to meet you all!

Photo of Trien Vuong

Trien Vuong he/him

mtrienv@uw

Hey y’all! My name’s Trien, and I’m currently a Sophomore majoring in Computer Science. In my free time, I mainly enjoy playing video games, watching shows, and eating delicious food. This is my fourth quarter TAing CSE 123, and I’m super excited to get to know y’all

Photo of Zach Bi

Zach Bi he/him

BiZac23@uw

Hi! My name is Zachary and I am a current Freshman and this is my second quarter TAing for this class. I enjoy working out, playing games and doing LeetCode in my freetime. I look forward to meeting yall this quarter!