Panoramic Mosaic Stitching
Xiaoping Zhang
CSE576 Computer Vision

Description

The project was implemented by following the project instructions. The result of the test sequence turned out to be as good as that of sample executable.

All of the pictures were taken using a Canon Poershot A10 digital camera, with resolution of 480x640, and focal length of 677.5 pixels. My partner, Xiao, and I took pictures under different lighting conditions, such as sunny, rainy, indoors, and outdoors.

The two sequences we took inside QFC worked very well. But the two taken outdoors at Green Lake and U Village after sunset came out to be too dark to get a good panorama. The sequence taken at UW quadrangle when it was drizzing turned out to be very good. Another sequence taken at Green Lake when it was very sunny came out very good too.

The handhold sequence was taken inside Suzzalo Library in early morning. The resulted panorama was ok. Please scroll down to Handhold Panorama for more details.

Artifacts

(Click on images for full resolution)

Sample Image

QFC Veg Center (viewer)

QFC Floral Center (viewer)

UW Quadrangle (viewer)

Green Lake (viewer)

Handhold Panorama (viewer)

The handhold panoram turned out to be ok except for the shelf and desk areas where objects were duplicated.

Green Lake -Modified Version (viewer)

I added two sheep to the image using intelligent scissors I implemented in project 1.