CSE 501: Implementation of Programming Languages
Winter Quarter, 1995
Important Course Information
- Meeting times
- M, W, F from 2:30 to 3:20 in Sieg 226
- Craig Chambers (chambers@cs), office hours: T, Th 11-12, Sieg 309.
- Jeff Dean (jdean@cs) and
Dave Grove (grove@cs), office hours: M, F from 10:30 to 11:30. Come find us in Chateau 110 and we'll go to the Chateau conference room.
- Slides from lecture are available here.
- Slides from the Cecil language turorial are available
- Handouts are available here.
- Reading assignments are available here.
The full reading list for the class is available here.
- Messages sent to the cs501@cs mailing list are archived here.
The course project is to implement some sort of program analysis and
transformation in the Vortex compiler. Vortex is an optimizing
compiler for object-oriented languages, and is written in Cecil.
More information about the Vortex compiler can be found on the Cecil
project home page.
Some Cecil manuals can be found
More information about compiler and language research can be found on
Mark Leone's programming language research page.