Lingo Immersion

When entering a new country, culture shock can be a debilitating problem. A person could experience a range of feelings from frustration to anger. This problem can be so severe that some would refuse to accept the newly introduced culture and resist integration into the local society. Lingo immersion can help users who would otherwise isolate themselves from the rich culture that surrounds them just because of this phenomenon.

The flow and communication of information of the culture could counter this obstacle. Such available information can help adjusting people ease into the new location whether that be knowledge from the surroundings or from the local people themselves. The goal of Lingo is to lessen the symptom of cultural shock and alienation within a new culture by providing societal information that would be available to any local in that area. It makes the user independent, secure and comfortable as a traveller in a new environment providing societal information that would be available to any local in that area.

Home Image

About Us

CSE 440 Introduction to HCI: User Interface Design, Prototyping, and Evaluation

Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) theory and techniques. Methods for designing, prototyping, and evaluating user interfaces to computing applications. Human capabilities, interface technology, interface design methods, and interface evaluation tools and techniques.

Designer: Cierra Jade Gonzales
I will graduate from the interaction design program at the University of Washington in June 2012. I originally took this class to expand my experiences by working with computer science oriented students rather the familiar designs students. I believe that good design flow can have major impact on any project.

Manager: Shuyang (Jessica) Sun
I'm a Computer Science and Economics double major student and will graduate from University of Washington in March 2013. I took this class to expand my view on the computer science industry. I think a good product should involve great user interface design.

Recorder: Nicholas Wilson
I am a Computer Science senior graduating this June. I took this course in order to understand some of the non-technical aspects of application design. Most CSE courses give us a deep understanding only of the details of implementation. By doing the projects and talking with other students, I am better able to think more about the end user of the technology we create.