CSE 421 - Resources - Autumn 2010
This page is devoted to providing algorithm resources to students in CSE 421. Links are provided when they are available. Some of the web sites have restricted access. To connect to "UW restricted" resources, follow these instructions.
- Library and Online Resources
- Algorithm Design by J. Kleinberg and E. Tardos.
- Introduction to Algorithms
by T.H. Cormen, C.E. Leiserson, R.L. Rivest and Stein
Data Compression: The Complete Reference, 3rd Edition by David Salomon
- The Algorithm Design Manual by Steven S. Skiena.
- Algorithms on Strings, Trees, and Sequences, Computer Science and
Computational Biology by Dan Gusfield.
- The Art of Computer Programming, Vol. I, II, III
by Don Knuth
- Numerical Recipes by
William H. Press, Saul A. Teukolsky, William T. Vetterling, Brian P. Flannery.
There is an extensive code library associated with this book.
- STL Tutorial and Reference Guide: C++ Programming with the
Standard Template Library, by
David R. Musser. STL includes
many basic data structures.
Approximation Algorithms for NP-Hard Problems edited by Dorit Hochbaum
- Computers and Intractability, A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness
by Michael R. Garey and David S. Johnson
- Computational Geometry, Algorithms and Applications by
M. De Berg, M. Van Kreveld, m. Overmars, and O. Schwarzkopf
- Computational Optimization: Algorithms and Complexity by Christos H.
Papadimitriou and Kenneth Steiglitz
Algorithmic Number Theory, Volume 1, Efficient Algorithms by Eric Bach and
- Conference Series on Algorithms
- ACM-SIAM Symposia on Discrete Algorithms (SODA) sponsored by
ACM and SIAM
- ACM Symposia on Theory of Computation (STOC) sponsored by
- IEEE Symposia on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS) sponsored by
IEEE Computer Society
- International Colloquia on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP)
sponsored by European Association for Theoretical Computer Science,
- Workshop on Algorithms and Data Structures,
- Scandinavian Workshop on Algorithm Theory,
- Major Software Resources
- Other Interesting Algorithmic Sites
Computer Science & Engineering|
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2350
(206) 543-1695 voice, (206) 543-2969 FAX
[comments to ladner]