CSE344: Introduction to Data Management
Catalog Description: Introduces database management systems and writing applications that use such systems; data models (e.g., relational, semi-structured), query languages (e.g., SQL, XQuery), language bindings, conceptual modeling, transactions, security, database tuning, data warehousing, parallelism, and web-data management. Prerequisite: CSE 311.Prerequisites: CSE 311
- This course contributes to the following ABET outcomes:
- (a) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- (k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools
- (c) an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- (j) knowledge of contemporary issues
Portions of the CSE344 web may be reprinted or adapted for academic nonprofit purposes, providing the source is accurately quoted and duly creditied. The CSE344 Web: © 1993-2017, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Univerity of Washington. Administrative information on CSE344 (authentication required).