Welcome to CSE 333!

• The most important information throughout the quarter will be found on the Syllabus (course policies), the Course Calendar (course materials and assignment specs), and the Weekly Schedule (this week's course events).
  • All announcements for this class are made via the discussion board (NOT email), so make sure you are enrolled on Ed and checking regularly.
  • Use the menu bar at the top for navigating to other useful tools and references.

Weekly Calendar

Asking Questions & Getting Help

It is very important to us that you succeed in CSE 333! Outside of lectures and sections, there are several ways to ask questions or discuss course issues:
  1. Find a partner! This quarter, all assignments can be completed and submitted in partnerships, allowing you to discuss material, code, and debug together.
  2. Visit office hours! See the Weekly Schedule for current availability, noting that all office hours this quarter will either be in-person or virtual, but not hybrid.
  3. Make a public post about course content on the , where they benefit the whole class. This also allows other students to answer your question so can receive a faster response. This is the best way of asking questions about class-related topics.
  4. Make a private post to just the course staff on the with any issues you would prefer to discuss privately or questions that involve solutions or partial solutions for ongoing assignments.
  5. Request a 1-on-1 using . If you feel like you need extra time, can't make it to OH, or want to discuss something privately, please feel free to request a 1-on-1 from the staff!
  6. Send to the course staff. The instructor will try to address the issue and share it with others only as appropriate, but will not have a way to reply to you without addressing the whole class.

Course Staff

(Click our faces!)
Staff Mini-Bio: Dylan Hartono
WHERE DID YOU GROW UP? WHAT WAS YOUR ACADEMIC PATH?
I grew up and still live in North Seattle (Lynnwood). I took my first CSE class in CSE 142 over the summer of my junior year and after years of hard work, just recently graduated from UW CSE!

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR HOBBIES, TALENTS, AND SKILLS?
I've recently picked up digital art over the past quarter and draw in my free time! I also boulder with Kenzie quite a bit now and train amateurly for long distance.

HAVE YOU DONE OR EXPERIENCED ANYTHING REMARKABLE OR MEMORABLE?
Seeing the sunset at Gasworks in the summer is a sight to behold.

WHAT COMMITMENTS WILL BE CONSUMING YOUR CYCLES THIS QUARTER?
- I'm an assisting artist for the comic book, Gum Saan to Golden Spike.
- Running and bouldering.
- But mainly, making sure you have a wonderful experience in CSE 333!

Dylan Hartono

Summer Instructor
hdylan1@uw.edu
Staff Mini-Bio: Nick Durand
- I grew up in Spokane, Washington. I'm currently in my Master's, but I discovered computer science in my sophmore year here at UW. Originally, I was going into EE.

- I do a bit of everything! I played a lot of sports, I read a lot, I play games, I go camping and hiking, and I plan on traveling as much as possible.

- Lots of fun stuff, please ask me!

- I'm part of the ICTD research lab and I have a really cool project planned over summer.

Nick Durand

TA
durandn@cs.uw.edu
Section AB
Staff Mini-Bio: Kenzie
- I grew up in Jakarta, Indonesia! I lived and studied their my whole life until I moved to the US to study CS at the UW. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR HOBBIES, TALENTS, AND SKILLS?
- I love sports in general but in particular I love practicing Muay Thai and playing basketball! HAVE YOU DONE OR EXPERIENCED ANYTHING REMARKABLE OR MEMORABLE?
- My favorite memory was going on a trip to South Africa where I went camping in a safari, rode an ostrich, and ziplined down a mountain. WHAT COMMITMENTS WILL BE CONSUMING YOUR CYCLES THIS QUARTER?
- I am part of the UW Advanced Robotics Club! I also run a Muay Thai club so hmu if you're interested!

Kenzie Mihardja

TA
kenzie28@cs.uw.edu
Section AB
Staff Mini-Bio: Deeksha
- I grew up in Bothell, WA! I came to UW as a DA and will be a junior this fall.

- I've been getting into playing poker and baking! Also love going to coffee shops around Seattle.

- I roadtripped to Yellowstone a few years ago!

- I'll be starting a UW Poker Power club this fall, definetely hmu if you're interested!

Deeksha Vatwani

TA
vatwani2@cs.uw.edu
Staff Mini-Bio: Wei
- I was born in GuangZhou, China, and I came to US in 2019 for studying in UW. I am a rising senior, and will probably have a CS master's after graduation.

- My favourite one is Painting. I am a concept designer and illustrator, so feel free to talk to me about game arts and character designs! I also love playing tennis, cooking and playing with cats/dogs.

- I finished a painting of lol-Ahri in February this year. This is my best one so far, and I will keep improving my skills this year.

- Being a TA of this class, practicing leetcode, painting, refining my personal CV project on AI painting, and cooking.

Wei Wu

TA
wuwei33@cs.uw.edu
Section AA
Staff Mini-Bio: Timmy
- I was born in San Francisco but I've lived in South Seattle for most of my life
- Currently hanging on as a junior in Computer Engineering

- Currently obsessed with mechanical keyboards, and I've started dipping my toes into the audiophile rabbit hole...
- Love gaming, both video games and tabletop! A couple favorites are: Terraria, The Witcher 3, L4D2, UNO and Mysterium!
- I also enjoy binging shows and books (ask me about my Stormlight Archives binge).

- I'm an author on a published paper!

- Catching up on some reading and LeetCode
- Working on a few personal projects (keyboard design is hard)
- Peer Advising for UW OMAD/ACS
- And being a Tඞ for this class!

Timmy Yang

TA
tzyang2@cs.uw.edu
Section AA

Acknowledgements

Many of the materials posted here were shared and refined by many staff members in previous offerings of CSE 333. This version of the course was significantly influenced by Steve Gribble, Hal Perkins, Hannah Tang, and Travis McGaha.

This website is derived from simple-courseweb-template, maintained by the CSE Lab and originally written by Xi Wang. The calendaring code was originally written by Adam Blank in 2017 for their common-course project and updated by Aaron Johnston in 19su.

Though we cannot list them all, we are also extremely grateful for the contributions of countless TAs and students who have given feedback and improved CSE 333 over the quarters.