- There will be a review session for the final on Wednesday, August 19 from 4:30-6:30 pm in EEB 125
- The course evaluations are open until August 20th, you can access them here.
- There will be a review session for the midterm on Wednesday, July 22 from 4:30-6:30 pm in EEB 125
- If you need a left-handed desk for the exam
fill out this survey.
It closes on Wednesday, July 22 at 5pm.
- The IPL will be closed on Friday 7/3 and Saturday 7/4 for the Independence holiday. Instead, there will be extra hours offered on Sunday 7/5 from 3-5 pm.
It is very important to us that you succeed in CSE 143. We provide many extra resources to help you. The TAs hold many hours in the IPL (Introductory Programming Lab), Riley holds
office hours from 12:00-2:00 PM on Wednesdays in CSE 214, we have a message board on Catalyst, and there are many practice problems on our Practice-It website.
Here are some links you might find useful for the course. We have provided tutorials for Java IDEs, links to special extra
section opportunities, and useful links. If you run into issues installing a Java IDE, you can check out the 142 help page
Syllabus & ArrayList
Ch 1-8; 10.1
Being a Client of ArrayList
; Pre/Post Conditions; Exceptions
Being the Implementor of ArrayIntList
Ch 4.5; 15.1 - 15.2
Practicing Reference Semantics
Interfaces; Stacks and Queues
Ch 14.1 - 14.4
Being a Client of Stacks and Queues
Independence Holiday: No Class!
List Nodes: Before and After
Being the Implementor of LinkedIntList
Implementing More of LinkedIntList
; Iterators and for each loops
Ch 16.2 - 16.3; 7.1, 11.1
Ch 12.2 - 12.3
Practicing Recursive Programming
Sets and Maps; Grammars
Ch 11.2 - 11.3
Sets and Maps (continued)
Ch 11.2 - 11.3
Ch 17.1 - 17.2
Binary Search Trees
Ch 17.3 - 17.4
Ch 10.2 - 10.3
Priority Queues & Huffman Trees
Inheritance and Polymorphism
Ch 9.1 - 9.2
Ch 9.6; 11.1; 15.3-15.4; 16.4-16.5