CSE120 Computer Science Principles

Computer Science Principles

Why Take CSE120
Welcome to the home page for CSE120, Computer Science Principles. Plan on visiting this page daily throughout the course; there will usually be new information posted that is of use to you.

Panic Button
   Anonymous Email
To Instructors
Contact
Class Overview
Calendar
   THIS Week

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions,
including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.

-- Doug Larson

Announcements

6 January 2014:There was a delay posting Assignment 1; it's fixed now.

30 December 2013: Welcome To CSE120. Please take the five question Pre-Course Survey

Announcement Archive At End of Page

Teaching Staff

Larry Snyder, Instructor

Larry is an Emeritus Professor of Computer Science and Engineering. His research area is parallel computation. He chaired the NRC study that developed the Fluency with Information Technology curriculum, and is on the Advisory Committee for the AP Computer Science Principles effort. An avid traveler, he has lived in a half dozen foreign countries, and visited many more. The photo at right was taken in a familiar foreign location ... find out where it is by visiting his home page.

Nicole Ford, Teaching Assistant

Hi! I'm a senior majoring in mathematics and computer science. I grew up in Everett, just 30 miles north of Seattle, and love the beautiful Pacific Northwest. In my free time, I enjoy gardening, cooking, getting out in the great outdoors, and eating pizza. I'm happy to be home after six months of internships in California - Seattle is a great place to be!

Benjamin Blumberg, Teaching Assistant

I am third-year pursuing a double degree in Computer Engineering and Industrial and Systems Engineering. I was born and raised in Austin, Texas. In my spare time I study optimization research and am Captain of the Human Powered Submarine Team.

Michelle Cho, Teaching Assistant

I am a second year student here at the UW. I was born and raised here in Washington, living in Lynnwood for pretty much my entire life. One of the things I enjoy doing is traveling. This last summer I got the chance to explore Taiwan and Korea and had an amazing time! I also love playing all kinds of sports like snowboarding, basketball, tennis, and many more.

Announcement Archive

No More Messages Follow: The End

Contact: snyder at cs dot washington dot edu