CSE120 Computer Science Principles

Computer Science Principles

Why Take CSE120
Welcome to the home page for CSE120, Computer Science Principles. Plan on visiting this page daily throughout the course; there will usually be new information posted that is of use to you.

Panic Button
   Anonymous Email
To Instructors
Contact
Class Overview
Calendar
   THIS Week
HW Discussion

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions,
including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.

-- Doug Larson

Announcements

04 January 2013: The classroom CHANGED to PACCAR 290.

02 January 2013: The "Precourse Survey" is posted; find the link on the Calendar page.

Announcement Archive At End of Page

Teaching Staff

Larry Snyder, Instructor

Larry is an Emeritus Professor of Computer Science and Engineering. His research area is parallel computation. He chaired the NRC study that developed the Fluency with Information Technology curriculum, and is on the Advisory Committee for the AP Computer Science Principles effort. An avid traveler, he has lived in a half dozen foreign countries, and visited many more. The photo at right was taken in a familiar foreign location ... find out where it is by visiting his home page.

Daphna Khen, Teaching Assistant

I'm a 2nd year student majoring in Computer Science. I'm originally from Israel, but I've lived in Washington since 2001. In my free time, I like to bake, read, and watch bad TV with my roommates. I'm also a huge Trekkie, and am currently participating in two D&D campaigns.

Alana Ohno, Teaching Assistant

Hi! I am currently a third-year majoring in computer science. I was born in CA, moved to Tokyo, and came here for college. I love to draw and I love my stubborn beagle. My goal this year is to finally get my driver's license.

Jake Shoudy, Teaching Assistant

I am a second year student majoring in computer engineering and physics. I grew up in Silverdale/Bremerton area (just a downtown Seattle ferry ride away for those of you who are not Washington geography experts) and have lived in Washington my entire life. I play soccer and am an avid Seattle sports fan although the Mariners continue to lose despite my undying optimism.

Announcement Archive

28 November 2012: Check before coming to class --- the room may change.

27 November 2012: This page is under construction ... please return later.

No More Messages Follow: The End

Contact: snyder at cs dot washington dot edu