The Steam Powered Turing Machine University of Washington Department of Computer Science & Engineering
 CSE/INFO 100: Computer Fluency, Winter 2009
  CSE Home  About Us    Search    Contact Info 

Home
 Syllabus
 Calendar
 Staff
 Anonymous Mailer
 View Grades
 Cool Websites
 Final Qs Ideas

Annoucements

• [3/19] Solutions to the final

• [3/14] Here is the Final Exam Cheet Sheet [updated 3/16, 12:36 PM]. The exam will have these pages attached. E-mail me if you think i forgot something or you want something reworded. Your e-mails must be non-anonymous, so if i don't include your comments, i can e-mail you why.

• [3/14] I will have office hours on Monday, 3/16, 1 - 3. If you can't make those times but want to meet, just e-mail me and we'll arrange something!

• [3/2] If you can't get a copy of Access, because it's not accepting your login for some reason, try this: https://depts.washington.edu/aslab/remote/login.html. It's also very useful beyond this class. You'll need a high-speed connection, but it works. Upload your files to Dante so you don't lose it.

• [2/27] One way to do lab8: ticket.html and ticket.js.

• [2/18] I really shouldn't be doing this, because i'm just enabling your bad habits, but i've moved the Lab #8 due date a whopping five days to Tuesday, 2/24. In return, i want you to make sure you really know what is going on so that Project 2 takes only a short amount of time.

• [2/18] For those who feel the urge to copy someone else's work, don't.

• [2/16] I will be doing a little travelling in the next 3 weeks, so my office hours will be in flux. Here are my office hours for the rest of the quarter:
    2/23 M 1:30 - 3:00
    2/24 Tu 2:30 - 4:00
    2/25 W 1:30 - 2:00
    3/2 M 1:30 - 3:00
    3/9 M 1:30 - 3:00
    3/10 Tu 2:30 - 4:00
    3/11 W 1:30 - 2:30
    3/12 Th 2:00 - 4:00
    3/13 F 1:30 - 2:00

As always, if these times don't work out for you, just e-mail me and we'll arrange a time to meet. Also, don't forget that you can drop-in on any lab and there are two office hours held by TAs on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

• [2/12] Just a reminder that there are two new office hours on Tuesday and Thursday by the TAs. See the staff page for information.

• [2/11] I will be travelling mid next-week. My office hours from Wednesday, February 18, to Friday, February 20 are cancelled. I will have sporadic access to e-mail. I will still be around to teach class on Wednesday, February, 18; Rob (TA) will be teaching on Friday, February 20.

• [2/11] I apologize for any inappropriateness in the videos I show before class. Please do not hesitate to bring up any concerns you might have to me by e-mail or using the anonymous mailer. I will address your concerns immediately.

• [2/10] Anonymous request for Mac vs. PC video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_kGL3M5Cg. All videos i play are available on YouTube--do a search or ask me NON-anonymously.

• [2/1] Remember: If i ever run out of copies of slides, let me know and i'll try to get some for the next lecture

Portions of the CSE 100 Web may be reprinted or adapted for academic nonprofit purposes, providing the source is accurately quoted and duly credited. The CSE 100 Web: © 1993-2009, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Washington.